The Romanesque Church of the Most Holy Trinity, one of the oldest in Slovakia, is situated in the historically significant village.
The village Chrasť nad Hornádom is located in the southern part of the Hornád Basin on the northern edge of the Slovak Ore Mountains. The origin of the village Chrasť nad Hornádom, according to the fi rst written record, dates back to 1255. The name of the village also means the old Slavic sacral-pilgrimage site. The village is located 13.5 km east of Spišská Nová Ves. Directly in the village, which currently has 860 inhabitants, there is a protected natural monument called Farská skala. In the cadastral area of the village there is another natural formation called Šikľavá skala, where the spring over the extensive slimming overhang creates a high waterfall and in the winter a massive ice formations.